Sunday, 16 July 2017

Easy like Sunday morning . . . .

Morning readers,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend peeps, up to anything nice? Hope the weather has been kind to you if it involves the great outdoors!

Answer me a question, if you will, I normally post pix of the finished card along with smaller pix of the front, back and inside of my card and the front and back of my envelope - do you LIKE to see those or do you simply scroll past them? 


My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card snippet
  • Full coverage (adhesive) post it note
  • Katzelkraft KTZ152 image stamped using Memento tuxedo black stamped on to both the white card and the post it note, which was then cut out to use as a mask
  • With the mask in place I coloured the background with a Marvy le plume alcohol marker P793
  • Kaisercraft mini grid image stamped using Memento rose bud ink
  • Kaisercraft bubble wrap image stamped using Memento dandelion ink
  • Kaisercraft crackle and film edge images stamped using Memento tangelo ink
  • Paper Artsy (from HPXT01) splatter image stamped using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Removing the mask I then coloured the cat using Faber Castell polychromos pencils, blended using sansodor and a paper stump
  • Fiskars sentiment (handwritten stamps) stamped using Memento tuxedo black, which I then also used to edge the white card panel before adhering to my ATC blank using tombow glue



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 134 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 48 - ANYTHING GOES

And now for a card, this one uses another set from Katzelkraft - new stash too! YAY!


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card, cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • Katzelkraft image (from KTZ179) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image, blended using sansodor and paper stumps
  • Sentiments (both by A Muse) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Making Memories - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING BUT SQUARE
  2. Emerald City Crafts - challenge No. 1 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. That's Crafty - July 7th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 28 - ANYTHING GOES

I also discovered I made Top3 at That's Crafty for their Keep It Simple challenge, thanks so much peeps


 

MUST stop myself making ATC's (for a short while), look how many I have!




16 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous ATC and card Kathy, I like to see lots of pictures especially if you have taken the time to decorate the inside of your card and envelope.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

SARN said...

Wonderful ATC . . . The cat really stands out from yr fab background.

I see u succumbed to The Rats set then!!!! LOVE the get well card . . . Terrific image & great colour wash around it.

Congrats on Top 3 Award too.

Confession time . . . Afraid I spend much longer looking at the main photo of a project than the other ones, which really only get glanced at before moving on to see the rest of yr post.

Happy Sunday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathyk said...

I was afraid of that .. one of the reasons I started making the ancillary images smaller and two side by side instead of large like the focal image

Thanks for your input

Kathyk

Cara said...

Fabulous ATC and I love your card, that little mouse/rat is brilliant! I love seeing all your creations including the envelopes etc x

Pat said...

Wow! What a lot of ATC's Kathy and love that fun cat, I adore that cute rat and he stands out beautifully with the blue highlighting. I agree with Sarn I think the front is the most important part of the card and the part I spend the most time looking at, although I have to say the work you do on the inside and the envelope is fabulous. x

Cheryl S said...

Love that cat on your ATC! I like seeing the inside and envelopes. I don't do that nearly as often as I'd like and it inspires me to make more of an effort :)

Dixie Designs by Gill said...

The card really mad me smile I love it. Thanks for entering in Emerald City Crafts Challenge xx

Sue said...

Your fun animal cards brought me a smile, Kathy. I think it's great how you decorate the inside of your cards and the envelope and I always look at the photos.

Debs M said...

I like to see all of it - love those rats! x

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab projects. Like the cat and the background in particular

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Super makes Kathy, congrats on last fortnights Top 3 and Thank you for joining in this fortnights That's Crafty ATG Blog Challenge.. Best Wishes Tracey.

Nana Connie said...

Both of these cards are so cute, Kathy, and being a cat person, I just adore the cat. (You might consider entering it at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. :-D) But you've done wonders with the Rat! What a great idea to do a Get Well card. :-D OK, putting on another DT hat - Thanks so much for playing along with us in our first challenge at Emerald City Crafts this month and good luck in the draw. We really appreciate your support for our challenge.
NanaConnie DT

Bożena Adamusińska said...

I like stamps Kaisercraft. They have such an amazing design. And you so beautifully used their beautiful stamps. Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs,
BozenA

Janice said...

Love your rat get well card!
Thanks for joining us at Making Memories Crafting Challenge.
Hope to see you again next month.
Janice DT

Cathy P. said...

Cute card, Kathy. Love the shading around your rat. Thanks for sharing your talent with us on the Making Memories Crafting Blog this month! Hugs, Cathy

Hema SJ said...

Lovely cards Kathy.....I love the rat one than the cat LOL!! Thanks for sharing with us at Making Memories Crafting!

Hema - DT@
http://makingmemoriescrafting.blogspot.in/